A journey of life


It goes on and on

Google

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Circular Polarizer

Been so busy with work and get tired! Not much time spent on taking pix. Tomorrow I will go to Padang SOAS for "Bersama Rakyat".

Today I caught some pix using a filter called a pl-cir (circular polarizer) attached to my lens. Well, not really attached. I have only one pl-cir and it belongs to my other lens (size 62mm). The lens attached to my camera is bigger in size (68mm). So lazy me to change the lens. I just need to hold it on front of my lens. Well, it doesn't really affect the images but it appears like a vignetting.

As far as I know, a polarizer is just to cut off (or just call it "to filter") excessive light from very bright areas (especially in the background such as the sky) without having to filter the light in dark areas in the pix.

A circular polarizer works the same ways but we can rotate it since it has two layers. We can rotate the front layer to achieve the best image.

Excessive light causes loss in colour and hence saturation. If we don't want a very bright background to spoil our pix, use a polarizer. It leaves the sky "pleasant" blue. Since we filter some amount of light from entering the lens, it means the shutter speed is becoming slower.

There are better filters called ND filters (means Neutral Density). These comes in different versions, some can filter more light than the others which results in better colours/saturation.

The pix below shows my models (hehehe)...




2 comments:

Syazana said...

Kiiiiyuuuuuuuuuut the MODEL!!~~

HAhahahahah xPPPP

Btw, Love the effect of...

"The Polarizer" ...

Hahaha, sounds scary xP

Loves it Loves it!!! i HAVE to get one!!! =PPPP

Fire said...

hehe

i'm still learning about polarizer and experimenting it. I still have along way to go.